- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to Land Acquisition and Compensation (Northern Ireland) Order 1973. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
Whole provisions yet to be inserted into this Order (including any effects on those provisions):
36.—(1) Subject to paragraph (7), no farm loss payment shall be made except on a claim in that behalf made by the person entitled thereto before the expiration of the period of one year beginning with the date on which the requirement in Article 34(1)( b) is complied with, and any such claim shall be in writing and shall be accompanied or supplemented by such particulars as the acquiring authority may reasonably require to enable them to determine whether that person is entitled to a payment and, if so, its amount.
(2) Where the agricultural unit containing the land acquired is occupied for the purposes of a partnership firm Articles 34 and 35 shall have effect in relation to the firm and not the partners individually (any interest of a partner in the land acquired being treated as an interest of the firm) except that the requirements in Article 34 as to the new unit shall be treated as complied with in relation to the firm as soon as they are complied with by any one of the persons who were members of the firm.
(3) Where a person dies before the expiration of the period for making a claim to a farm loss payment and would have been entitled to such a payment if he had made a claim within that period, a claim to that payment may be made, before the expiration of that period, by his personal representative.
(4) Where an interest in land is acquired by agreement by an authority possessing compulsory acquisition powers, the authority may, in connection with the acquisition, make to the person from whom the interest is acquired a payment corresponding to any farm loss payment which they would be required to make to him if the acquisition were compulsory and the authority (if not authorised to acquire the interest compulsorily) had been so authorised on the date of the agreement.
(5) Where a farm loss payment is made to any person the authority making the payment shall also pay any reasonable valuation or legal expenses incurred by that person for the purposes of the preparation and prosecution of his claim to the payment; but this paragraph is without prejudice to the powers of the Lands Tribunal in respect of the costs of proceedings before the Tribunal by virtue of Article 35(8).
(6) A farm loss payment shall carry interest, at such rate as may for the time being be determined by the Ministry of Finance by order under paragraph 18 of Schedule 6 to the Local Government Act (Northern Ireland) 1972 [1972 c.9] from the date mentioned in paragraph (1) until payment.
(7) Where the date mentioned in paragraph (1) is before the coming into operation of this Part the period within which a claim to a farm loss payment can be made shall be the period of one year beginning with the date of the coming into operation of this Part.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: