- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to Land Acquisition and Compensation (Northern Ireland) Order 1973. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
Whole provisions yet to be inserted into this Order (including any effects on those provisions):
15.—(1) This Article has effect where a person is entitled under the Leasehold (Enlargement and Extension) Act (Northern Ireland) 1971 [1971 c.7] as respects any land to enlarge an estate into a fee simple or to obtain an extension of a leasehold estate as incident to his existing estate in the land (in this Article referred to as “the qualifying estate”) and—
(a)has on or before the relevant date served notice under section 2 of that Act; and
(b)has not enlarged his estate into a fee simple or obtained an extension of his leasehold estate before that date.
(2) The qualifying estate shall be treated as an owner's interest as defined in Article 5(4) whether or not the unexpired term on the date of service of the notice of claim is of the length there specified.
(3) If no claim is made in respect of the qualifying estate before the claimant has ceased to be entitled to it by reason of his enlargement of the estate into a fee simple or his extension of the leasehold estate he may make a claim in respect of the qualifying estate as if he were still entitled to it.
(4) No claim shall be made by virtue of paragraph (3) after the claimant has ceased to be entitled to the fee simple or extended leasehold estate but such a claim may be made before the beginning of the claim period if it is made before the claimant has disposed of the fee simple or extended leasehold estate and after he has made a contract for disposing of it.
(5) Compensation shall not be payable before the beginning of the claim period on any claim made by virtue of paragraph (4).
(6) Any notice of a claim made by virtue of this Article shall contain, in addition to the matters mentioned in Article 6, a statement that it is made in respect of a qualifying estate and, if made by virtue of paragraph (3) or (4), sufficient particulars to show that it falls within that paragraph.
(7) In relation to a claim made by virtue of paragraph (3) Article 7(4)( a) shall have effect as if the reference to the date of service of notice of the claim were a reference to the relevant date.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: