- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a Northern Ireland Statutory Rule: Local Government (Boundaries) Order (Northern Ireland) 2012 No. 421
2.—(1) The names of the 11 districts into which Northern Ireland shall be divided for the purposes of local government shall be as set out in Schedule 1.
(2) Each district shall comprise the area designated on the maps by reference to the name of the district and demarcated by a red line.
(3) The 11 districts shall be divided into wards which shall bear the names set out in Schedule 2; and each such ward shall comprise the area designated on the maps by reference to the name of the ward and demarcated by a blue line.
(4) Where a boundary of a district or ward is shown along a road, railway line, path, stream, river or similar topographical feature, it shall be treated as being along the centre line thereof unless otherwise stated on the maps.
(5) The wards constituted by this Order shall have the boundaries thereof mered by the Department of Finance and Personnel.
(6) In this Article the expression “the maps” shall be construed in accordance with Article 3.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Draft Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Draft Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Draft Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: