- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation and has not yet been made as a Northern Ireland Statutory Rule.
1. The full name of the prisoner.
2. The date of birth of the prisoner.
3. The prison or place of detention in which the prisoner is detained and details of other prisons or places of detention in which the prisoner has been detained, including the date and reasons for any transfer.
4. The date the prisoner was sentenced and the details of the offence(s) in question, including information as to whether a certificate was issued by the Attorney General for Northern Ireland to deschedule any offence(s) in question.
5. Where applicable, the previous convictions, sentences, licences, periods of temporary release from prison, release and recall history of the prisoner.
6. The comments, if available, of the trial judge in passing sentence on the prisoner.
7. Where applicable, the conclusions of the Court of Appeal in respect of any appeal by the prisoner or the Attorney General for Northern Ireland against conviction or sentence.
1. Any pre-trial and pre-sentence reports examined by the sentencing court and any police report on the circumstances of the offence(s).
2. Any report on a prisoner while he was subject to a transfer direction under Article 53 of the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986.
3. Any current reports on the prisoner’s performance and behaviour in prison, where relevant, (reports previously examined by the Commissioners need only be summarised), including any:—
(b)record of offences against discipline;
(c)reports on any temporary release;
(d)details of, and reports on compliance with, any sentence management plan;
(e)reports on the prisoner’s health including mental health;
(g)assessment of the risk of re-offending and the likelihood of the prisoner being a danger to the public if released immediately; or
(h)assessment of suitability for release on licence and licence conditions.
4. An up-to-date report prepared for the Commissioners by a Probation Officer, including any reports on the following:—
(a)details of the home address, family circumstances, and family attitudes towards the prisoner;
(b)alternative options if the offender cannot return home;
(c)the opportunity for employment on release;
(d)the local community’s attitude towards the prisoner (if known), including the attitudes and concerns of the victim(s) of the offence(s);
(e)the prisoner’s response to previous periods of supervision;
(f)the prisoner’s behaviour during any temporary leave during the current sentence;
(g)the prisoner’s response to discussions of the objectives of supervision where applicable;
(h)an assessment of the risk of re-offending;
(i)a programme of supervision;
(j)a recommendation for release; and
(k)recommendations regarding any special licence conditions.
5. Any other information which the Secretary of State considers relevant to the case and wishes to draw to the attention of the Commissioners.
1. Any papers, including attached supporting information or documents, submitted by the prisoner or his representative in respect of the case.
2. Where applicable, particulars of and documents relating to any previous applications by the prisoner in respect of the case.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.