Co-operation between water regulators
11.—(1) This Article imposes duties on each of the following—
(2) It is the duty of each of those mentioned in paragraph (1) to make arrangements with each of the others with a view to promoting in the case of each pair of them—
(a)co-operation and the exchange of information between them; and
(b)consistency of treatment of matters which affect both of them.
(3) That duty relates only—
(a)in the case of the Authority and the Department, to their functions under this Order relating to the regulation of water and sewerage undertakers;
(b)in the case of DOE, to its functions under any statutory provision concerning water resources and water pollution so far as they relate to water and sewerage undertakers.
(4) As soon as practicable after agreement is reached on any arrangements required by this Article, the parties shall prepare a memorandum setting them out.
(5) The parties to any such arrangements shall keep them under review.
(6) As soon as practicable after agreement is reached on any changes to arrangements required by this Article, the parties shall revise their memorandum.
(7) Parties to arrangements required by this Article shall send a copy of their memorandum (and any revised memorandum) to the person mentioned in paragraph (1) who is not a party to the arrangements set out in it.
(8) The Department shall lay before the Assembly a copy of every memorandum (and revised memorandum) under this Article.