Minor and consequential amendments and repeals
11. (1) The statutory provisions set out in Schedule 1 have effect subject to the minor and consequential amendments specified in that Schedule.
(2) The statutory provisions set out in Schedule 2 are repealed to the extent specified in the second column of that Schedule.
12. (1) The preceding sections of this Act (and the Schedules) come into operation on such day or days as the Department may by order appoint.
(2) An order under subsection (1) may contain such transitional or saving provisions as the Department thinks appropriate.
13. In this Act—
“the Department” means the Department of the Environment;
“the 1997 Order” means the Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 (NI 19);
“statutory provision” has the meaning given by section 1(f) of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 (c. 33).
14. This Act may be cited as the Waste and Contaminated Land (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 2011.