- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
1 (1) The Department of Finance and Personnel may issue out of the Consolidated Fund and apply to the service of the year ending 31st March 2012 the sum of £8,141,695,000.
(2) That sum is appropriated for the purposes specified in Schedule 1.
2 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Department of Finance and Personnel may borrow on the credit of the sum specified in section 1 any sum or sums not exceeding in the whole £4,070,847,000.
(2) Any money so borrowed shall be repaid, with any interest due thereon, out of the Consolidated Fund not later than 31st March 2012.
3 (1) For the purposes of section 6(1) of the 2001 Act, this section authorises the use of resources in the year ending 31st March 2012.
(2) The use of resources by—
(a)the Northern Ireland departments mentioned in Schedule 2;
(b)the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission;
(c)the Assembly Ombudsman for Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Commissioner for Complaints;
(d)the Food Standards Agency;
(e)the Northern Ireland Audit Office;
(f)the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation; and
(g)the Public Prosecution Service for Northern Ireland,
in that year is authorised to the amount of £8,656,468,000.
(3) In that year, resources may be used by a Northern Ireland department or a body or person mentioned in subsection (2) for the purposes specified in relation to that department, body or person in column 1 of Schedule 2 up to the amounts specified in the corresponding entries in column 2 of that Schedule.
4 (1) For the purposes of section 8(1) of the 2001 Act, this section sets the relevant limits on the accruing resources that may be directed to be used for certain purposes in the year ending 31st March 2012 in addition to resources authorised by this Act or any other statutory provision to be used for those purposes in that year.
(2) In that year accruing resources not exceeding the amount specified in column 3 of Schedule 2 may be directed to be used for the purposes specified in the corresponding entries in column 1 of that Schedule.
5 (1) The Department of Finance and Personnel may issue out of the Consolidated Fund and apply to the service of the year ending 31st March 2010 the sum of £23,278,781.13.
(2) That sum is appropriated for the purposes specified in Schedule 3.
6 (1) For the purposes of section 6(1) of the 2001 Act, this section authorises the use of resources by the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Department of Education to the amount of £17,836,994.70 in the year ending 31st March 2010.
(2) In that year, resources may be used by a department mentioned in subsection (1) for the purposes specified in relation to that department in column 1 of Schedule 4 up to the amounts specified in the corresponding entries in column 2 of that Schedule.
(3) Those resources are additional to any resources or accruing resources authorised by or under any other statutory provision to be used for those purposes in that year.
7 The statutory provisions mentioned in Schedule 5 are hereby repealed to the extent specified in the second column of that Schedule.
8 In this Act—
“the 2001 Act” means the Government Resources and Accounts Act (Northern Ireland) 2001;
“resources” does not include accruing resources within the meaning of section 8(1) of the 2001 Act;
“statutory provision” has the same meaning as in section 1(f) of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954.
9 This Act may be cited as the Budget (No. 2) Act (Northern Ireland) 2011.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
This timeline shows the different points in time where a change occurred. The dates will coincide with the earliest date on which the change (e.g an insertion, a repeal or a substitution) that was applied came into force. The first date in the timeline will usually be the earliest date when the provision came into force. In some cases the first date is 01/02/1991 (or for Northern Ireland legislation 01/01/2006). This date is our basedate. No versions before this date are available. For further information see the Editorial Practice Guide and Glossary under Help.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: