- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
56. (1) This section applies if an authorised officer of a district council is satisfied that the conditions in subsection (2) are met in relation to an audible intruder alarm installed in or on premises in the district of the district council.
(2) The conditions are—
(a)that the alarm has been sounding continuously for more than 20 minutes or intermittently for more than one hour;
(b)that the sounding of the alarm is likely to give persons living or working in the vicinity of the premises reasonable cause for annoyance;
(c)if the premises are in an alarm notification area, that reasonable steps have been taken to get the nominated key-holder to silence the alarm.
(3) The officer may enter the premises for the purpose of silencing the alarm.
(4) The officer may not enter premises by force under this section.
(5) The officer must, if required, show evidence of the officer’s authority to act under this section.
(6) In this section—
“authorised officer” means an officer of a district council who is authorised by the council (generally or specifically) for the purposes of this section;
“nominated key-holder”, in respect of premises in the district of a district council, means a person in respect of whom the council has received notification in accordance with section 50(2)(b).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: