- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
9.—(1) Article 21 of the 1976 Order (registration of deaths) shall be amended in accordance with subsections (2) to (5).
(2) In paragraph (1) (registration by registrar for district where person died or was ordinarily resident), for the words from “by the registrar for the district” to the words “in a register maintained by him for the purpose” there shall be substituted the words “in a register by any registrar”.
(3) In paragraphs (2) and (3) (cases where body found but no information as to place of death), for the words “in the district” there shall be substituted the words “by the registrar for the district”.
(4) In paragraph (5) (duty to give information and to sign register)—
(a)for the words “to the registrar” there shall be substituted the words “to any registrar”;
(b)for the words “to sign the register in the presence of the registrar” there shall be substituted the words “of such other particulars as may be prescribed, in the prescribed manner”.
(5) In paragraph (6) (effect of information being given and register signed), for the words “and signs the register” there shall be substituted the words “in the prescribed manner”.
(6) In Article 2(2) of the 1976 Order (interpretation), after the definition of “birth” there shall be inserted the following definition—
““death” means death in Northern Ireland;”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: