- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
26. (1) Paragraph 22 of Schedule 3 to the Gender Recognition Act 2004 (c. 7) (Gender Recognition Register maintained in Northern Ireland) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In sub-paragraph (4) (Gender Recognition Register not to be open to public inspection or search), for the word “The” there shall be substituted the words “Subject to sub-paragraph (5), the”.
(3) After sub-paragraph (4) there shall be added the following sub-paragraphs—
“(5) The Department of Finance and Personnel may by regulations make provision for any person to have access, on payment of the prescribed fee, to any information contained in the Gender Recognition Register.
(6) Regulations under sub-paragraph (5) may provide that the relevant period must have expired in relation to the information.
(7) In sub-paragraph (6) “the relevant period” in relation to information relating to a person means the period of 100 years from the date of that person’s birth or such other period as may be prescribed.
(8) Regulations under sub-paragraph (5) may provide for the Registrar General—
(a)to make arrangements with any person for the purpose of providing access to information as mentioned in that sub-paragraph; and
(b)for that purpose to transfer information to that person subject to conditions (including conditions as to the making of payments by that person to the Registrar General).”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: