- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
14. After Article 34 of the 1976 Order (searches of indexes and certified copies of entries) there shall be inserted the following Article—
34A.—(1) Regulations may make provision for any person to have access on payment of the prescribed fee to any information contained in the registers.
(2) Regulations under paragraph (1) may provide that the relevant period must have expired in relation to the information.
(3) In paragraph (2) “the relevant period” means—
(a)in relation to information relating to a birth, the period of 100 years from the date of the birth or such other period as may be prescribed;
(b)in relation to information relating to a death, the period of 50 years from the date of the death or such other period as may be prescribed.
(4) Regulations under paragraph (1) may provide for the Registrar General—
(a)to make arrangements with any person for the purpose of providing access to information as mentioned in that paragraph; and
(b)for that purpose to transfer information to that person subject to conditions (including conditions as to the making of payments by that person to the Registrar General).
(5) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any register of still-births.
(6) This Article is without prejudice to Article 38.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: