- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
1. In Article 2(2) (interpretation)—
(a)in the definition of “licence”, after the word “Articles” insert “57A, 57B,”;
(b)in the definition of “licensed premises”, after “55,” insert “57A, 57B,”.
2. In Article 34(1) (register of licences), after sub-paragraph (h) insert—
“(ha)particulars of any conviction of the licence holder of any offence under this Order and of any penalty points endorsed on the licence or any suspension order made in consequence of the conviction;”.
3. In Article 58(11) (young persons prohibited from certain premises), for “(7)” substitute “(8)”.
4. For Article 76(2) (appeals against suspension of licence, etc.) substitute—
“(2) When on conviction of an offence a licence is suspended the suspension shall not take effect—
(a)until the expiry of the time for bringing an appeal against the conviction or against the suspension; and
(b)if such an appeal is brought, until the appeal has been determined or abandoned.”.
5. In Article 2(2) (interpretation) in the definition of “regulations” after “subject” insert “(except as otherwise provided in this Order)”.
6. In Article 3(2)(b) (restriction on supply etc. of intoxicating liquor on the premises of a club), after head (i) insert—
(ia)the suspension of the registration; or”.
7. In Article 16 (register of clubs) in paragraph (2)(e) for “or any disqualification order” substitute “or any suspension or disqualification order”.
8. In Article 49 (procedure in connection with cancellation and disqualification)—
(a)for the heading substitute “Procedure in connection with suspension, cancellation and disqualification”;
(b)in paragraph (1) for “A court which cancels” substitute “A court which suspends or cancels”;
(c)in paragraph (3)—
(i)for “cancels” substitute “suspends or cancels”;
(ii)after “send notice of the” insert “suspension,”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: