- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
1. This Part has effect in relation to regulations under section 12(7) about licences for the purposes of section 12.
2. Regulations shall provide for the licensing authority to be—
(a)a council; or
3. Where the licensing authority is a council, regulations may require the council to have regard in carrying out its functions under the regulations to such guidance as may be issued by the Department.
4. Regulations may, in particular—
(a)make provision about the period for which licences are to be granted;
(b)make provision, in connection with the death of the holder of a licence, for the continuation in force of the licence for such period and subject to such conditions as the regulations may provide.
5. Regulations may not provide for licences to be granted for a period of more than 3 years.
6. Regulations may, in particular—
(a)require a licensing authority not to grant a licence unless satisfied as to a matter specified in the regulations;
(b)require a licensing authority to have regard, in deciding whether to grant a licence, to a matter specified in the regulations.
7. Regulations must make provision requiring a licensing authority not to grant a licence authorising the carrying on of an activity on specific premises unless the premises have been inspected as the regulations may provide.
8. (1) Regulations may, in particular, make provision for the grant of a licence subject to conditions.
(2) Provision of the kind mentioned in sub-paragraph (1) may—
(a)enable a licensing authority to attach conditions to a licence;
(b)require a licensing authority to attach to a licence conditions specified in the regulations.
9. (1) Regulations may provide for breach of a condition of a licence to be an offence.
(2) Regulations may provide that an offence of breach of condition of a licence is to be treated as a relevant offence for the purposes of section 22.
(3) Regulations may apply a relevant post-conviction power in relation to conviction for an offence of breach of condition of a licence.
10. Regulations may, in particular, make provision for appeals in relation to decisions of a licensing authority under the regulations.
11. Regulations may include provision for fees or other charges in relation to the carrying out of functions of the licensing authority under the regulations.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: