- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
45.—(1) The Department may make regulations for any purpose for which regulations may be made under this Act, and for prescribing anything which may be prescribed under this Act, and generally for carrying this Act into effect.
(2) In particular, but without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1), the Department may make regulations with respect to the following matters—
(a)the procedure on applications for, and the determination of questions in connection with, the issuing and variation of service permits;
(b)the issue of service permits and the issue on payment of the prescribed fee of copies of service permits in the case of permits lost or defaced;
(c)the notification to the Department of routes on which a service under a service permit has ceased to be provided;
(d)the means by which vehicles may be identified, whether by plates, marks or otherwise, as providing a service under a service agreement or a service permit;
(e)the custody, production, return and cancellation of service permits and of documents, plates and any other means of identification prescribed under paragraph (d);
(f)ticketing machines and systems.
(3) No regulations to which this subsection applies shall be made unless a draft of the regulations has been laid before, and approved by resolution of, the Assembly.
(4) Subsection (3) applies to regulations under this Act if they include—
(a)regulations under section 42(3) or 43(2); or
(b)regulations under this section which make the declaration mentioned in subsection (6).
(5) Any other regulations under this Act shall be subject to negative resolution.
(6) Any person who contravenes a provision of regulations under this section, a contravention of which is declared by the regulations to be an offence, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
(7) Regulations under this Act may contain such incidental, supplementary, consequential, transitory or saving provisions as the Department considers necessary or expedient.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: