- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
1. Section 70 (obstruction of streets) shall cease to have effect.
2. Section 59 (closure of certain streets) shall cease to have effect.
3. In Schedule 3 (statutory rules exempt from requirements as to printing and sale) in paragraph 7A after “66 of” insert “, or Schedule 3A to,”.
4. In Article 71(2) (erection of structures on roads) after sub-paragraph (c) insert
(d)in connection with the holding of an event in connection with which an order has been made under Schedule 3A to the Road Traffic Regulation (Northern Ireland) Order 1997,”.
5. In Part 1 of Schedule 1 (offences) at the end of the entries relating to the Road Traffic Regulation (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 insert—
|Schedule 3A, paragraph 6(1)||Contravention of prohibition or restriction imposed by order.||Summarily.||Level 3 on the standard scale.||—||—||—|
|Schedule 3A, paragraph 6(2)||Failure to comply with requirement imposed under paragraph 2(6).||Summarily.||Level 2 on the standard scale.||—||—||—|
6.—(1) In Article 9(1), (2) and (3) for “this Part” substitute “Articles 4 to 8”.
(2) In Article 69 (trolley vehicles) after “7,” insert “8A,”.
(3) In Schedule 6 (inquiries), in paragraph 1(1) for “under this Order” substitute “in connection with the making by the Department of an order or scheme under this Order”.
(4) In Schedule 6, at the end add—
“3. Where the inquiry has been held, the Department may, after considering the report of the person who held the inquiry—
(a)determine to make the order or scheme; or
(b)make the order or scheme either without modification or subject to such modifications as the Department thinks fit.”.
7.—(1) In Article 16(3) (statutory declaration to contain such additional matters as Lord Chancellor may determine) after “may” insert “after consultation with the Lord Chief Justice”.
(2) In Article 30(1) (Lord Chancellor may make regulations as to procedure before adjudicators) after “may” insert “after consultation with the Lord Chief Justice”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: