- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
The term provision is used to describe a definable element in a piece of legislation that has legislative effect – such as a Part, Chapter or section. A version of a provision is prospective either:
Commencement Orders listed in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ box as not yet applied may bring this prospective version into force.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
6—(1) The Road Traffic Regulation (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 (NI 2) is amended as follows.
(2) After Article 8 insert the following Article—
8A Schedule 3A (which makes provision for prohibiting or restricting the use of public roads in connection with the holding of special events) shall have effect.”.
(3) After Schedule 3 insert the Schedule set out in Schedule 1 to this Act.
7 For Article 65 of the Road Traffic Regulation (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 substitute—
65—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), the Department may cause a public inquiry to be held in connection with the exercise of any of its functions under this Order.
(2) Paragraph (1) does not apply to the making of an order under Article 10, 13 or 15 if the sole effect of the order is to vary charges.
(3) For the purposes of any inquiry under paragraph (1), Schedule A1 to the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 (which applies in relation to such inquiries by virtue of section 23 of that Act) shall have effect as if the words “ or may, if the Department so determines, be wholly or partly defrayed by the Department ” were added at the end of paragraph 7(1) of that Schedule.
(4) Schedule 6 shall have effect in relation to any inquiry under paragraph (1) which is held in connection with the making by the Department of an order or a scheme under this Order.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: