- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
9. (1) This section applies if, whether as a result of—
(a)provision made by any regulations under Article 3A(4)(c) or (8) of the Jobseekers Order (as inserted by section 4), or
(b)provision made by or under any other statutory provision, or otherwise,
the Department considers that it is no longer appropriate for any category of person to be prescribed under section 123(1)(e) of the Contributions and Benefits Act (conditions for income support).
(2) The Department may by order provide for section 123 of the Contributions and Benefits Act (which establishes the entitlement to income support) to cease to have effect.
(3) If an order is made under subsection (2)—
(a)the amendments made by Schedule 2, and
(b)the repeals in Part 1 of Schedule 4,
have effect in accordance with provision made by the order.
(4) The Department may by order make such transitional or consequential provision or savings as the Department considers necessary or expedient for the purposes of or in connection with the abolition of income support (including provision of the kind mentioned in section 7(2)).
(5) The consequential provision that may be made by an order under subsection (4) includes, in particular, provision amending, repealing or revoking any statutory provision.
(6) Paragraphs (3) to (6) of Article 74 of the 1998 Order (regulations and orders) apply in relation to any power to make an order under this section as they apply to any power to make orders under that Order.
(7) An order under subsection (2) shall be laid before the Assembly after being made and shall take effect on such date as may be specified in the order, but shall (without prejudice to the validity of anything done thereunder or to the making of a new order) cease to have effect upon the expiration of a period of six months from that date unless at some time before the expiration of that period the order has been approved by a resolution of the Assembly.
(8) An order under subsection (4) is (unless it has been subject to the confirmatory procedure outlined in subsection (7)) subject to negative resolution.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: