- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
22. (1) The Department may serve a notice under this section (a “restocking notice”) on a person where it appears to the Department that—
(a)the person has committed an offence under section 15(3); and
(b)the person has such an estate in the land in question as is mentioned in section 16(1).
(2) A restocking notice is a notice requiring the person on whom it is served—
(a)to restock or stock with trees of a specified species the land or such other land as may be agreed between the Department and that person; and
(b)to maintain those trees in accordance with the rules and practice of good forestry for a period, not exceeding 5 years, specified in the notice.
23. (1) A person on whom a restocking notice has been served who objects to the notice or to any requirement contained in the notice may appeal to a person appointed under section 26.
(2) On an appeal under this section the person appointed under section 26 may—
(a)confirm the notice, or
(b)direct the Department to withdraw the notice or modify it in such manner as is specified in the direction.
(3) It is the duty of the Department to give effect to any direction under subsection (2)(b).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: