The Northern Ireland Library AuthorityN.I.
1—(1) There shall be a body corporate to be known as the Northern Ireland Library Authority.
(2) Schedule 1 applies in relation to the Authority.
(3) The Authority shall be the library authority for Northern Ireland.
(4) Accordingly, an Education and Library Board established by the Education and Libraries (Northern Ireland) Order 1986 (NI 3) shall cease to be the library authority for its area.
(5) The Department may make one or more schemes for the transfer of designated property, rights and liabilities of education and library boards to the Authority.
(6) On the transfer date, the designated property, rights and liabilities are transferred to and vest in the Authority in accordance with the scheme.
(7) Schedule 2 contains further provisions relating to a scheme.
(8) In this section and that Schedule—
“designated”, in relation to a scheme, means specified in or determined in accordance with the scheme;
“scheme” means a scheme under this section;
“the transfer date”, in relation to a scheme, means the date specified by the scheme as the date on which it is to have effect.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.