15 In this Act—
“the Department” means the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety;
“the Order of 1972” means the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1972 (NI 14).
16—(1) The Department may by order make such transitional or transitory provisions and savings as it considers appropriate in connection with the coming into operation of any provision of this Act.
(2) Nothing in section 3 restricts the power under subsection (1) to make other transitional provisions.
(3) The Department may by order make such supplementary, incidental, or consequential provision as it considers appropriate for the purposes of, in consequence of or for giving full effect to any provision of this Act.
(4) An order under subsection (1) or (3) may modify any statutory provision.
(5) In subsection (4)—
“modify” includes add to, omit and amend; and
“statutory provision” has the meaning given in section 1(1)(f) of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 (c. 33).
(6) An order made under this section shall be subject to negative resolution.
17 The statutory provisions set out in Schedule 2 are hereby repealed to the extent specified in the second column of that Schedule.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
18—(1) The following provisions come into operation on the expiration of the period of one month from the date on which this Act receives Royal Assent—
(a)sections 1, 8 to 13 and 14(4);
(c)Part 1 of Schedule 2, and section 17 so far as it relates thereto.
(2) The following provisions come into operation on such day or days as the Department may by order appoint—
(a)sections 2 to 7 and 14(1) to (3);
(b)Part 2 of Schedule 2, and section 17 so far as it relates thereto.
19 This Act may be cited as the Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act (Northern Ireland) 2008.