Guidance as to operation of public benefit requirementN.I.
4 (1) The Commission must issue guidance in pursuance of its public benefit objective.
(2) That objective is to promote awareness and understanding of the operation of the requirement mentioned in section 3(1) (see section 7(3) and (4)).
(3) The Commission may revise any guidance issued under this section.
(4) The Commission must carry out such public and other consultation as it considers appropriate—
(a)before issuing any guidance under this section, or
(b)(unless it considers that it is unnecessary to do so) before revising any such guidance.
(5) The Commission must publish any guidance issued or revised under this section in such manner as it considers appropriate.
(6) The charity trustees of a charity must have regard to any such guidance when exercising any powers or duties to which the guidance is relevant.