- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
9.—(1) A limited liability partnership must ensure that—
(a)where a person becomes or ceases to be a member or designated member, notice is delivered to the registrar within 14 days, and
(b)where there is any change in the name or address of a member, notice is delivered to the registrar within 28 days.
(2) Where all the members from time to time of a limited liability partnership are designated members, subsection (1)(a) does not require notice that a person has become or ceased to be a designated member as well as a member.
(3) A notice delivered under subsection (1)—
(a)shall be in a form approved by the registrar, and
(b)shall be signed by a designated member of the limited liability partnership or authenticated in a manner approved by the registrar,
and, if it relates to a person becoming a member or designated member, shall contain a statement that he consents to becoming a member or designated member signed by him or authenticated in a manner approved by the registrar.
(4) If a limited liability partnership fails to comply with subsection (1), the partnership and every designated member commits an offence.
(5) But it is a defence for a designated member charged with an offence under subsection (4) to prove that he took all reasonable steps for securing that subsection (1) was complied with.
(6) A person guilty of an offence under subsection (4) is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: