- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
4.—(1) All property, rights and liabilities—N.I.
(a)to which the Tourist Board is entitled or subject immediately before the appointed day; and
(b)which were held, acquired or incurred for or in connection with the exercise of the functions mentioned in section 3(4)(a) (in this paragraph and paragraph 5 referred to as “the relevant functions”),
shall on that day be transferred to, and by virtue of this sub-paragraph vest in, INI.
(2) Sub-paragraph (1)—
(a)has effect in relation to property, rights or liabilities to which it applies in spite of any provision (of whatever nature) which would prevent or restrict the transfer of the property, rights or liabilities otherwise than by that sub-paragraph; but
(b)does not apply to rights and liabilities under a contract of employment (which are dealt with by paragraph 5).
(3) In the construction and for the purposes of any statutory provision or other document passed or made before the appointed day, any reference to, or which is to be construed as a reference to, the Tourist Board shall, so far as may be necessary for the purposes of the relevant functions, be construed as a reference to INI.
(4) Nothing in this Act affects the validity of anything done by, or in relation to, the Tourist Board before the appointed day.
(5) Anything which before the appointed day was done by or in relation to the Tourist Board for the purposes of or in connection with the relevant functions shall, if in effect immediately before that day, continue to have effect to the same extent as if it had been done by, or in relation to, INI.
(6) Anything (including any legal proceedings) in the process of being done by or in relation to the Tourist Board immediately before the appointed day may, so far as it relates to the relevant functions, be continued by or in relation to INI.
(7) A certificate issued by the Department that any property, rights or liabilities have been transferred to INI by sub-paragraph (1) shall be conclusive evidence of the transfer.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: