- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
51.—(1) The Registrar General of Births and Deaths in Northern Ireland may provide to the Department or the Agency any information to which this subsection applies.
(2) Any information provided under subsection (1) shall be provided in such form as appears to the Registrar General appropriate for the purpose of assisting the Department or the Agency in the performance of its functions in relation to health services.
(3) Subsection (1) applies to any information—
(a)entered in any register kept under the Births and Deaths Registration (Northern Ireland) Order 1976 (NI 14); or
(b)which is kept by the Registrar General under any other statutory provision and relates to any birth or death.
(4) The registrar of each district may furnish to a Health and Social Services Board the area of which includes the whole or part of the registrar’s district such particulars of each birth and death which occurred in the Board’s area as are entered in a register of births and deaths kept for that district.
(5) The Department may by regulations make provision as to the manner in which and the times at which particulars are to be furnished under subsection (4).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: