- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
30.—(1) The Department shall refer an appeal to an appeal tribunal.
(2) In determining an appeal, the tribunal shall take into account any decision of a court relating to the same, or any similar, issue arising in connection with the injury or death in question.
(3) On an appeal, the tribunal may—
(a)confirm the amount specified in the certificate;
(b)specify any variations which are to be made on the issue of a fresh certificate under subsection (4); or
(c)declare that the certificate is to be revoked.
(4) When the Department has received the decision of the tribunal on an appeal, it shall in accordance with that decision—
(a)confirm the certificate against which the appeal was brought;
(b)issue a fresh certificate; or
(c)revoke the certificate.
(5) Regulations under section 29 may (among other things) provide for the non-disclosure of medical advice or medical evidence given or submitted following a reference under subsection (1).
(6) In this section and section 31 “appeal tribunal” means an appeal tribunal constituted under Chapter I of Part II of the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1998 (NI 10).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: