Official place of publication for newly enacted legislation
Stay up to date with newly enacted legislation for the UK, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as it is published to this site, by selecting a date below or using the free of charge subscription feeds.
The aim is to publish legislation on this site simultaneously, or at least within 24 hours, of its publication in printed form.
Any document which is especially complex in terms of its size or its typography may take longer to prepare.
New legislation is therefore listed by publication date rather than the date on which it was enacted.
SI 2014/2018 - The A55, A494 and A550 Trunk Roads (Northop Interchange to the Wales/England Border, Flintshire) (Temporary Traffic Prohibitions and Restrictions) Order 2014 / Gorchymyn Cefnffyrdd yr A55, yr A494 a’r A550 (Cyfnewidfa Northop i Ffin Cymru/Lloegr, Sir y Fflint) (Gwaharddiadau a Chyfyngiadau Traffig Dros Dro) 2014
SI 2014/2000 - The A470 Trunk Road (Coryton Interchange, Cardiff) (Temporary Prohibition of Left and Right Hand Turns and 40 MPH Speed Limit) Order 2014 / Gorchymyn Cefnffordd yr A470 (Cyfnewidfa Coryton, Caerdydd) (Gwahardd Dros Dro Droi i’r Chwith a Throi i’r Dde a Therfyn Cyflymder 40 MYA Dros Dro) 2014
SI 2014/1995 - The M4 Motorway (Westbound Entry Slip Road, Junction 41 (Pentyla), Neath Port Talbot) Experimental Traffic Order 2014 / Gorchymyn Traffig Arbrofol Traffordd yr M4 (Ffordd Ymuno Tua’r Gorllewin, Cyffordd 41 (Pentyla), Castell-nedd Port Talbot) 2014
SI 2014/1944 - The A465 Trunk Road (Rhigos Roundabout, Rhondda Cynon Taf to Glynneath Interchange, Neath Port Talbot) (Temporary Prohibition of Vehicles) Order 2014 / Gorchymyn Cefnffordd yr A465 (Cylchfan y Rhigos, Rhondda (Cylchfan y Rhigos, Rhondda Cynon Taf i Gyfnewidfa Glyn-nedd, Castell-nedd Port Talbot) (Gwahardd Cerbydau Dros Dro) 2014
Free of charge legislation feeds
- All Legislation (excluding drafts)
- UK Public General Acts
- UK Statutory Instruments
- Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly
- Northern Ireland Orders in Council
- Northern Ireland Statutory Rules
- Acts of the Scottish Parliament
- Scottish Statutory Instruments
- Acts of the National Assembly for Wales
- Wales Statutory Instruments
Free of charge draft legislation feeds
Tracking UK Legislation
- All Bills currently before the UK Parliament are listed on the UK Parliament website in the Parliamentary Business, Bills & Legislation section which also shows what stage a Bill has reached on its passage through Parliament.
- The history of the parliamentary debates relating to Bills in the UK Parliament can be found in Hansard the edited verbatim report of proceedings of both the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
- All Bills currently before the Scottish Parliament,Northern Ireland Assembly ,and the National Assembly for Wales can be found on the individual national Parliamentary and Assembly websites.
- Bills only become Acts once they have passed all stages of their applicable Parliamentary procedure and receive Royal Assent. Once an Act has received Royal Assent, it is published under the authority of the Queen's Printer to this website.
Feeds enable you to see when websites have added new content. By using the legislation feeds you can get details of the latest legislation as soon as it is published without having to check the new legislation page each day.
There are many types of feed (such as RSS and Atom). This site provides Atom feeds which can be used in most news readers. To use the feeds you will need a newsreader or a browser enabled device.
To receive the feed to your newsreader either drag the orange feed button or cut and paste the link of the feed into your news reader.