You are encouraged to use and re-use the information that is available on this site freely and flexibly, with only a few conditions.
The licence below governs your access to and use of information on this site that are covered by either Crown Copyright or Crown Database Right.
Using this website
Access to and use of the information and data expressly made available under this licence (the “Information”) indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This is a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence from the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office and the Queen’s Printer for Scotland (the “Controller”) to use it subject to the conditions below.
This licence does not affect your fair dealing or fair use rights, or any other copyright or database right exceptions and limitations.
You are free to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the Information;
- adapt the Information;
- exploit the Information commercially whether by sub-licensing it, combining it or mixing with other information or data, or by including it in your own product or application.
acknowledge the copyright and the source of the Information as stated below:
Crown copyright information is reproduced with the permission of the Controller of HMSO and the Queen’s Printer for Scotland.
- include the same acknowledgment requirement in any sub-licences of the Information that you grant, and a requirement that any further sub-licences do the same;
- ensure that you do not use the Information in a way that suggests that the Controller and Queen's Printer for Scotland, a minister or any government department endorses you or your use of the Information. The Royal Arms should not be re-used to suggest any form of endorsement by government or that the Information in its re-used form has official status;
- ensure that you do not misrepresent the Information or its source.
The Information is licensed ‘as is’ and the Controller excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Information to the maximum extent permitted by law. The Controller is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use.
This licence is governed by the laws of England and Wales and comes under the exclusive jurisdiction of their courts, except in relation to the following where the law and jurisdiction of the relevant country applies:
- Acts of the Scottish Parliament and the Old Scottish Parliament and their corresponding Explanatory Notes;
- Scottish Statutory Instruments and their accompanying Executive Notes;
- Acts and Measures of the Northern Ireland Assembly and their corresponding Explanatory Notes, and Acts of the Old Irish Parliament and the Northern Ireland Parliament; and
- Statutory Rules and Orders of Northern Ireland and their accompanying Explanatory Memorandum.
Changes to this licence
The Controller and the Queen's Printer for Scotland may amend the terms of this licence or make the Information available under a different licence. However, these terms will continue to apply to any Information that you have used while this licence is in force.