8.—(1) This article has effect in consequence of articles 5 and 6.
(2) The provisions set out in section 17 of the 1985 Act (acquisition of land for housing purposes) apply to the GMCA as they apply to a constituent council.
(3) For the purposes of article 6(1)(m) and (n) the GMCA is to be treated as a local housing authority for the Area(1).
(4) Part 9 of the 1990 Act (acquisition and appropriation of land for planning purposes, etc) applies in relation to the GMCA and land which has been vested in or acquired by the GMCA for planning and public purposes as it applies to a constituent council and land vested in or acquired by a constituent council for planning and public purposes.
(5) Chapters 1 and 2 of Part 1 of the 2008 Act apply in relation to the powers of the GMCA to acquire land for housing and infrastructure under the functions specified in article 5(1) and land acquired by the GMCA under those functions as they apply to the HCA and land acquired by the HCA with the modifications made by Parts 1 and 2 of Schedule 2.
(6) Schedule 2 sets out how the provisions in the 2008 Act as modified by paragraph (5) apply.
In section 1 of the 1985 Act “local housing authority” means a district council, a London borough council, the Common Council of the City of London, a Welsh county council or county borough council or the Council of the Isles of Scilly.