10.—(1) A person stops being a member in an employment if he stops being eligible for membership in that employment.
(2) A person who wishes to leave the Scheme must notify his employer in writing.
(3) A person with more than one employment may leave the Scheme if he wishes in respect of one, some or all of the employments.
(4) A member who gives a notice under paragraph (2) stops being a member in the specified employment from the date the notification specifies.
(5) But, if a date earlier than the date specified in the notice or no date is specified, he stops being a member at the end of the payment period during which the notice is given.
(6) Where notice is given by a person before he has been a member for 3 months, he must be treated as not having been a member in that period.
(7) A person who is a member and an employee of a transferee admission body shall be treated for the purpose of these Regulations and the Benefits Regulations as leaving a local government employment when he ceases to be employed in connection with the provision of the service or assets under regulation 5(2) (employees of transferee admission bodies) by virtue of which he became eligible to join the Scheme.