4.—(1) In section 2 (transfer out of the United Kingdom) in subsection (4)(b) after sub-paragraph (iii) insert—
“(iiia)released on licence under Article 17 or 19 of the Criminal Justice (Northern Ireland) Order 2008;”.
(2) In the Schedule (operation of certain enactments in relation to the prisoner) after paragraph 2 insert—
“2A.—(1) This paragraph applies to a prisoner repatriated to Northern Ireland.
(2) In determining for the purposes of Chapter 4 of Part 2 of the Criminal Justice (Northern Ireland) Order 2008 whether the prisoner has at any time served a particular proportion or part of his sentence specified in that Chapter, the prisoner’s sentence shall subject to sub-paragraph (3), be deemed to begin with the day on which the relevant provisions take effect.
(3) If the warrant specifies a period to be taken into account for the purposes of this paragraph, the amount of time the prisoner has served shall, so far only as the question whether he has served a particular proportion or part of his sentence, be deemed to be increased by that period.
(4) Where the prisoner’s sentence is for a term of less than 12 months, Chapter 4 of Part 2 of the Criminal Justice (Northern Ireland) Order 2008 shall apply as if the sentence were for a term of 12 months or more.
(5) In this paragraph “sentence” means the provision included in the warrant which is equivalent to sentence.”.